Tuesday 14 May 2013

First Year is Over, a New Year Begins

Wow, Bradley Jones is blogging again! Why yes I am! You know why? Because I am back at Camp Evergreen, the only place where I find the time to blog so here it comes!

My first year of college was phenomenal, I couldn't have asked for better roommates and I couldn't have asked for better classmates, instructors, and friends. I learned how to broadcast live on the radio, how to produce and direct a live television news cast, how to write and record radio and TV commercials, and numerous other skills that I will need when I graduate from Lethbridge College next winter semester. I can't wait for next year but then again I can't wait for Camp Evergreen's summer season to get started. That leads me to my next point!

I'm back at Camp Evergreen! Doing the same thing I did last year and with the same job title, "Summer Director," not that the title really matters other then the fact that my current work days consist of planning, discussing, planning, discussing the planning, and planning some more. The last couple of days haven't gone the greatest, but after making a decent amount of progress today we (the summer program team) hope that we can start discussing and planning all of the fun activities and games soon, rather then focusing on all of the logistics and troubleshooting all of the kinks and knots. But the great thing is that it's spring! And all of the male staff have bonded really well, from making a rap about living in the mini lodge, to adopting a rotting taxidermy caribou as our pet, and to sitting on the roof of the Man Cave and looking at the stars. It's really been a blast and all of the guys and myself are enjoying every minute of it! The Man Cave includes Aflac (myself), K2 (Mitch), Sunshine (Cam), Fender (Dylan), Eiger (Adam), The Distraction (John), and Duracell (Christoph (everyone's favourite German)). We are still awaiting the last member of the Man Cave Bacon (Nate) who should be arriving to camp within the next 9 days, I'm sure he will be a great addition. Correct that. He WILL be a great addition to the group of guys and the rest of the staff!

Other then that life has been super busy as always, I'm going to try and blog more now that I am back at camp! So keep checking back for updates in the life of Bradley Jones!

No comments:

Post a Comment