Saturday 25 May 2013

UEFA Champions League Final

I realize that I probably should blog more about sports considering I love watching them so much. I find that while I'm at Camp Evergreen I don't get to watch a whole lot of sports but when I do watch games it's usually Union Rugby or UEFA and FIFA football matches. So with that being said I feel like I should make more of an effort to watch a variety of sports and the only way I can do that is by watching sports with other people. Courtney and Nate are great examples of people who let me watch Rugby and follow soccer more intensely then I ever have.

This brings me to the reason as to why I am blogging. It's the UEFA Champions League Final today between Bayern and Dortmund (both German teams) who are playing in the Super Bowl of soccer; the UCL Final in Wembley. Nate is pretty much a religious Bayern Munchen fan which makes complete sense because they are debated to be the best club team in the world next to FC Barcelona and Real Madrid. Dortmund has also played really well recently which makes the final game an intriguing matchup. This is due to the fact that all games between Dortmund and Bayern have ended in draws this year so the final is sure to be a thriller. From what I have seen so far Dortmund has been taking it to the red and white with Bayern keeper Manuel Neuer being the main reason the UCL Final is still scoreless. Robben is still stone cold for Bayern and can't seem to get anything past Dortmund while Javi Martinez had the closest chance in the first half for Bayern with a header off of a corner kick that just skimmed off the fingertips of the Dortmund keeper. 

Go Bayern!

No comments:

Post a Comment